WeChat is a chat messenger for mobile devices that lets you to stay connected with your friends through instant messaging. WeChat features exciting emoticons and animated smileys which you can send to your friends. Today we’ll show you how to install WeChat on PC / Mac.
How to get WeChat for PC
There is no official PC / Mac version of WeChat available, instead, you can download the Android version of WeChat and run it on your computer using a suitable Android emulator. We can then run WeChat on PC / Mac inside the emulator.
Download WeChat for PC
You can grab the APK file for WeChat from the internet that be installed inside the Android emulator. WeChat can also be downloaded directly from Google Play from inside the emulator.
Download WeChat for PC [APK]
How to install WeChat for PC
The Android emulator that we are going to use for running WeChat on Mac or PC is BlueStacks. BlueStacks is a popular Android emulator for PC and Mac that supports most Android apps available in Google Play.
- Download and install BlueStacks App Player.
- If you have downloaded WeChat APK file, double click on it to install within BlueStacks. Alternatively, WeChat can also be installed via Google Play or through app search directly from BlueStacks.
How to use WeChat on PC
- Once WeChat is installed, launch it from the Home screen shortcut of BlueStacks.
- During the first time, you need to register for a new account. Enter the required details (including contact number) and create it.
- If you already have a WeChat account, you can also log in to with your existing contact number.
- WeChat team will send you an SMS with a 4 digit PIN to your registered phone number.
- Enter the same PIN in WeChat inside BlueStacks to authenticate your account.
And that’s all, you can now invite friends to join you on WeChat via SMS or email. Once the other person accepts your invitation, they will be added to your chat list.
How WeChat is different from WhatsApp
WhatsApp Messenger fetches contacts from your address book. You might have some difficulty in adding your phone contacts inside BlueStacks. With WeChat, you can fetch contacts from the server. Hence, if you previously had friends added to your WeChat account, they will automatically be imported when you log in to WeChat using BlueStacks.
Run WeChat in BlueStacks Full screen
The latest version of WeChat runs on a very limited portion of the screen inside BlueStacks. If you want to use WeChat with the maximum screen estate, try installing this earlier version.
- Download an install WeChat Full Screen APK in BlueStacks.
- After launching the app, WeChat will prompt you to update to the latest version.
- Click on Cancel or else you won’t be able to use the app in full screen.
Proceed with Registration / Login and enjoy WeChat in full screen.